Monday, July 2, 2018

May 28, 2018

Hello beautiful family of mine!!
I hope you all had a wonderful week this week! Mine was splendid, although in a different way! This week, my companion got sick, so much so, that we went to the hospital! She´s on the road to improvement, but it may be a long one. Long story short, we needed to stay at home for most of the week, and I learned a powerful lesson about what Christlike love is, what pure service is. Of course, because I´m human, I wasn´t able to perfectly serve, but I´m grateful that the Lord trusts me to take care of one of His beloved daughters. The love I felt for Sister Chaar was incredible because I had a strong desire to take away her pain, I wanted to do everything possible to help her feel better. While my feelings were strong and at some times painful, imagine how Christ felt! He wanted to give us a way out of earthly pain, so He took on all of our sufferings so we have hope of a better day tomorrow! My testimony about the work of the Lord has deepened--we are called to serve everyone, not just people that don´t know the gospel. Yes, missionary service is focused on people that have no knowledge of the gospel, but when we focus on serving companions as well, we grow so much more. I am so grateful that even though we worked less, even though Brás couldn´t be baptized, that the Lord took two of His imperfect daughters and helped them learn something that they still needed to learn. I´m grateful that my ability to love another like Christ loves them and to forget myself has increased just a little bit. I´m grateful I have been polished a little more. I´m grateful to be here in Brazil!!
I love you all so much! Please continue studying the scriptures to fortalize your testimonies!!
Sister Carlson

No comments:

Post a Comment