Monday, July 2, 2018

February 26, 2018

Hello family!
Sorry I´m writing you all so late! It terrential downpouring over here in São Paulo, so the power´s gone out about three times. But I´m so happy to be reading your emails, I always feel rejuvinated to get a little slice of home during my week:)
So, lots of things happened this week! Remember the parents of my recent convert that were set for baptism? Satan has worked hard on them, and family members from another have talked a lot about our church--none of it too nice. They told us that they no longer wanted to receive lessons, but were grateful for our time. I was honestly crushed when they said this because God had truly prepared them for this moment. Agency is one of the most bittersweet gifts we have on this earth. Although they no longer want anything to do with the church, there is hope. Two of their five children are baptized members, and will be able to influence them by example and word. 
But we have still been able to see miracles in the work! One of our other investigators set for baptism is so ready for the gospel. He´s marked for this Saturday, and I don´t know who´s more excited, him, or us! His name is José, and his whole family is a different religion. We contacted him on the street--actually, he contacted us. We were walking to an appointment, and he stopped us by asking, "But why did Jesus Christ have to die?" I was shocked, usually people are intimidated by the nametags, not drawn to ask questions! We only taught him one short lesson before he was at church. Now he´s latched onto the gospel, and he´s making long term plans on how to continue living as a member of the church. He is such an example for me because usually, people are hesitant to accept something like this. But he said something like this, "This is a good opportunity that God has given me, so why wait?" So amazing to be teaching him and preparing him for baptism!
Anyway, I think that´s all I have time for! I love you all so so much!
Sister Carlson

P.S. Pictures of zone conference!! Sister Silcox is in the yellow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment