Monday, July 2, 2018

March 19, 2018

Hello to all!
My goodness it was rainy this week! Well, it was mainly really hot, and then downpour. On Wednesday when we were walking home at night, it started to pour. I thought the heavens were ripped open with how loud the thunder was, the sheer amount of rain, and the fact that when lightning struck, the whole sky lit up. It was really beautiful, and I couldn´t stop laughing. The day had been a little rough, so to have a rainstorm to wash away the bad feelings was really great for me. Sister Guerra wasn´t too happy (her hair gets curly in the rain, she likes it flat) but we got home safely. It rained again today, and I forgot my umbrella, so I got to dance with Sister Malan in the rain, it was so fun to just be carefree on p-day. (But Sister Malan jumped in a puddle and almost got my pants soaked #rUDE!)
Something that I love about my mission is that I´m enjoying nature more than I ever have before. Yes, I´m serving more in a city-ish part of São Paulo, but the parks, the sun, the rain, are all a huge reminder that I´m in Brazil. They are a sign of God´s power, the earth that He especially created for us. It´s hard not just enjoy rain when your stuck right in the middle of it.
That´s all I have time for, enjoy nature everyone!!
Sister Carlson

--
Sincerely,
Sister Carlson

No comments:

Post a Comment