Monday, July 2, 2018

June 11, 2018 - Transfers!!

Good afternoon family!!
I´m writing here at 5:00p.m. in Jardim Ivete, Mogi das Cruzes. What what?? I was transferred!! My new companion is Sister Jobran, and I´ve been placed in the countryside!! How cool is that?
To say it in a few words, I´m grateful for change. I love Jardim Romano with all of my heart and I was sad to leave, but I am really excited to teach different investigators, work with other members, and be rejuvinated by another area. Also, this area has some crazy hills, my legs are going to get so muscular!! The Lord knows use perfectly and knows what we need when we need it, when we need to stick it out and survive, or move on and grow with newness. I´m grateful for the experience I gained with Sister Chaar and all of the things I learned, and I´m excited to learn different things with Sister Jobran. Also as a note for everyone that was worried about Sister Chaar, she was able to come home on Wednesday of the past week, and she´ll be going home in 3 days for her body to recooperate. I don´t know if I mentioned it, but the doctors thinks she may have firbomialgia, which effects the nerves that interpret pain. She is returning with honor, and I´ll always be thankful for our time together. 
But because she had 10 days of repose, I had the opportunity to have a division with a member! Her name is Emily, and she´s 14 years old, but oh my gosh she is so ready to be a missionary!! She was so happy to learn how to teach people, and was very pleased with different methods of teaching. We teach in 15-20 minutes, our goal being short, focused lessons that leave our investigators waiting for us to come back. It also allows us to visit more people. She said "wow, it´s so much more effective!!" And this was an opportunity that I needed, because being cooped up in a hospital/home sick is stressful. To have a day focused on the work, focused on bringing the good news of Christ´s restored gospel on earth was so refreshing! I couldn´t stop smiling, and I remembered why I wanted to serve a mission. When we help others find the happiness that we have with the gospel, we gain superior happiness. I´m grateful for the time God has given me to serve a mission, and that I was able to leave with a member to teach my people one last time before I was transferred. I love this gospel and my Savior, I am filled with excitement to do His work here in Jardim Ivete--a branch!!
I love you all!!
Sister Carlson




No comments:

Post a Comment