Monday, July 2, 2018

June 4, 2018

Good afternoon everyone!!
So this week has been one of the hardest weeks of my entire life, which is helping me grow!! I told you guys last week that my companion has gotten sick, but it´s escalated quickly. I am in awe with Sister Chaar, because the Lord never gives us trials that we can´t handle, and this is one of the heaviest trials I have seen someone bear. 
So, on Tuesday I had a division with Sister Malan because Sister Chaar couldn´t leave the house with all of the pain she was feeling, and our area was needing some care. Working with one of my best friends is great, I´m grateful that I had a little time to leave the house and focus on my investigators. Wednesday we were only allowed to leave the house for lunch, and we had to come back right after because Sister Chaar´s pain was reaching unbearable. Thursday after lunch, we were walking home, and her body stiffened up again, so much so that she couldn´t walk anymore. So we called a member to take us to the hospital (for the third time in the past two weeks) but we went to a different hospital that had an orthopedic doctor, so they did a whole bunch of tests to see what was wrong. She ended up having to go to intensive care and I could only come back the next day. So on Friday I came to stay with her, but I couldn´t stay the night because I was very emotional and it made Sister Chaar nervous, so Sister Queroiz stayed with her Friday and Saturday night. Sunday night Sister Malan stayed with her, and tonight I´ll be staying with her. So this past week has basically going back and forth between home and the hospital, and they still don´t know for sure why she´s feeling this type of pain in her back and what they can do. But they said they might let her go home tomorrow or Wednesday, so we´ll see. I´m just grateful for the support that God sends us through others. I was very scared the first night in the hospital, but Sister Malan, Sister Queroiz, President Silcox, Sister Silcox, and many other sisters have been nothing but supportive and ready to help us in whatever way possible. God loves His children and takes care of them, but sometimes He lets them gain experience. Experience isn´t always easy, but it is necessary for our growth. (Doctrine and Convenants 122) I´m so grateful for this opportunity to grow and to learn new things, that the Lord trusts me enough to try my best to support His beloved daughter Sister Chaar. I´m grateful for this opportunity to learn to trust more in God´s perfect plan as well, because His ways and His thoughts are higher than mine. 
I hope you all have an amazing week!
Sister Carlson

No comments:

Post a Comment