Monday, July 2, 2018

May 14, 2018

Good afternoon everyone!
So this week has been really great! Not only did we work hard and get to talk to our moms, we also had a miracle baptism!!
I´ll give a little summary of what happened! So his name is Rubí, and he´s been going to church since last summer. He hasn´t wanted to get baptized because he wanted to learn more. With Sister Chaar, we worked really hard to see what more he felt like he needed to learn. Turns out, that he thought he needed to pass some sort of test to get baptized like you need to at school, and he thought he wasn´t ready. So we read the baptismal interview questions with him, and everything was great! His testimony is so strong! Then Irmão Jonas (the member helping us out) demonstrated exactly how he would be baptized. When we asked him how he was feeling, he said, "That´s it?" We responded, "Yes! So will you be baptized this Saturday?" and he´s so funny, he said, "Oh, okay." In reality, the spirit led that lesson. Many Sisters have taught him without finding out why he needed to wait, but the Lord knew his doubts and his questions, so he inspired our explanations. Rubí´s smile when he came out of the water was so bright, my heart was so fill for him!! I´m grateful for the opportunity I have to serve here in Brasil, with people so receptive and open to religion! I´m grateful for everything that Sister Chaar has already taught me, and am excited to learn even more!!
I love this gospel, and that my family can be eternal because of it!!
Stay safe and healthy this week!! 
With all my love,
Sister Carlson

No comments:

Post a Comment