Monday, July 2, 2018

June 25, 2018

Good afternoon everyone!
This week has been one of much spiritual learning, so wonderful!! But I need to start off with a sad reminder: President and Sister Silcox will be released as couple over the São Paulo East Brazil mission on June 29, 2018. We as their missionary children are very sad to let them go, but as well are excited for President and Sister Miller from Canada to be welcomed to Brazil. 
As I said, this week has been great! It was our last Zone Conference with President and Sister Silcox, and the spirit was tangibly powerful. When they bore their testimonies about the mission, I regained appreciation for my calling as a missionary, to be able to physically put the name of Christ over my heart and accomplish His work. These two spiritual giants will be sorely missed, but I was grateful to have this Zone Conference to hear and internalize their last testimonies and lessons. I hope that one day I can be like them, and like all the other wonderful examples in my life!
Also, my personal study has been more than fulfilling this week. I´ve been studying Alma 32-39, and these chapters are absolutely full of doctrine that are mindblowing even though I´ve read them before! The Lord has blessed me with revelations that I didn´t know I needed. He is merciful and giving to His imperfect children! I was also able to study the conference talks from this past conference, and it has been so fulfilling!! I was able to learn a lot about meekness and humility, and the Lord told me that´s what I needed to talk about on Sunday in Sacrament meeting! The Lord again blessed me with the words to say--the material and the portuguese. In reality, I think I learned more this week than any of our investigators did. I´m excited to keep learning and growing so I can better serve the people of São Paulo Leste Brasil!! 
I love you all! Have a splendid week!!
Sister Carlson 





No comments:

Post a Comment