Monday, July 2, 2018

April 30, 2018

Good afternoon family!!
This week has been great! It was Sister Leyva´s last week, so we worked really hard! We did something this week that really strengthened my testimony--we fasted every single day. One day I fasted, and Sister Leyva fasted the next. We were fasting for one of our investigators to get baptized, and even though he needs a little bit of time before making this commitment, we were still able to see miracles in the week. One was on Sunday, when we were knocking on doors. Most of the time, people are interested or tell us to come back during the week, but there was someone in particular that we both felt has been prepared by the Lord. His name is Jair, and experiences in his life have prepared him to talk to us. We were able to leave a message with him, but in reality, he taught me! His faith and testimony of the Holy Ghost are incredible! I am so grateful that the Lord blessed us to find him and get to know him right before Sister Leyva left, I know it was a sweet experience for her. 
Speaking of which, I have a new companion! Her name is Sister Chaar, and she´s from Manaus! (that´s where the strong *sh* accent is from!) We were friends in the CTM, so I´m excited to get to know her in the work! I´ve connected a picture down below, Sister Malan and Sister Queiroz are still here with me!! I´m really excited for this coming transfer because of new rules that will make us more effective missionaries, my new companion, and family skype! There´s nothing like a spiritual boost than hearing the voices of the people you love the most!
Gotta go! I love you all!!
Sister Carlson
--
Sincerely,
Sister Carlson

No comments:

Post a Comment