Monday, July 2, 2018

February 19, 2018

Hello family!!
Thank you all so much for your sweet words and experiences, they really help me feel closer to you all!!
I have absolutely no time, so I´ll be quick! Last Monday after emailing, President Silcox called my companion and I and asked if we would be Sister Leaders. What what???? This is a huge responsibility, to take care of the four other Sisters in our area! But I can really see how the Lord is helping me change. Attitudes have changed so I can be a better friend, and a better instrument in th Lord´s hands. When I see myself shutting myself out or thinking "I don´t want to talk to my companion right now" I look at my thoughts and counteract "Why am I being such a bum? Let´s decide to be happy!" It´s been helping me prepare for divisions with the other Sisters and for the mission in general. 
But the Lord has not stopped in giving us miracles. In just this week, we´ve been able to mark four people for baptism! And two of these people are the parents of Sandra, the wife of my recent convert Edmilson! Just looking at all of these honest people, my testimony that God is preparing every one of His children for baptism is strengthened! I´ve been so humbled with these miracles, and have definitely been more ready to work hard, especially with members. We have a missionary that just came home, and she has four more families that she wants us to visit! Something that she said that really hit me was this "Sister, I didn´t do the work before the mission, so I need to work extra hard now in bringing people I know to the gospel!" The reason why this was powerful was because she reiterated what has been going around in my head for some time; why did I rarely invite my friends to church activities? Why was I scared of showing them who I really am? That´s why I´m grateful to be on the mission, because I´m showing people who I truly am, who I can truly be when I align myself with God´s will and plan for me. What a wonderful opportunity!!
I love you all so much! Keep reading the book of mormon everyday, and remember the importance of personal communication with Your Father in Heaven!
Sister Carlson

No comments:

Post a Comment