Monday, July 16, 2018

July 10, 2018

Good afternoon family!
Sorry I´m writing a day late, yesterday everything was closed because it was a holiday, so President Miller liberated us to write today. Also we got to know him on Wednesday, and he and his wife are fantastic! This past week has been really great! I have learned a lot, and am grateful for the trials we receive so we can be made stronger!
When we were teaching some recent converts, they were watching some horror films and left it on as we talked. For anyone who knows me, I hate horror films and feel scared very easily. This week was an active decision to choose fear or faith. Never before in my life has the contrast been so real! There was one night when I didn´t sleep a wink because my mind was playing over and over again what I saw. The next night, I read 3 Nephi 6-15 before bed and pled with the Lord to protect me. Yes I did my part in studying out the word and asking for divine help, but the incredible thing was, was that when I focused on Christ, I slept like a baby. When a scary image would make its way into my head, all I had to do was think of a hymn and remember of my overflowing gratitude for my Savior´s sacrifice. We don´t have to be driven by fear, we can be set free by our faith in Jesus Christ. What a wonderful reassurance! I love my Savior and all He has done for me! 
I hope that you all have an amazing week! 
With lots of love,
Sister Carlson

P.S. We had a party on Saturday with our branch--super fun!
--
Sincerely,
Sister Carlson




No comments:

Post a Comment