Tuesday, July 3, 2018

July 2, 2018

Hello everyone!!
I am very zazzed right now--Brazil beat Mexico in the World cup, and the streets here are crazy!! Right after they beat Mexico 2-0, 1 motorcycle and 3 cars passed us with people screaming and shouting victoriously. It is a very fun time here in Brazil:) Sister Jobran and I went out for victory ice cream because they won (also I may be a huge soccer fan now??)
Anyway, this week has been wonderful! Something I have really learned is actually focusing on people´s needs, like the Savior would if He was walking amoung us. One day after lunch, it was time to leave a message with the members and leave to go proselyting. We ended up having a very long and spiritual conversation that was very interesting to follow. Afterwards, I said to Sister Jobran, "Sister, I´m glad we had that long conversation with them, but I think we stayed a bit too long?" and she responded, "No, Sister. This family is one of the families that doesn´t trust in missionaries. Because we stayed and listened, we are starting to gain their trust." I never thought about that! Missionary work is about bringing EVERYONE to Christ, not just people that don´t know Him. Working in a branch is interesting because the members need us more than ever. And something that I learned from a past companion is that when you work with members and can show them that you are a reliable missionary, you can teach their friends, which is a much more effective way to find investigators! What awesome lessons to learn!!
I love this gospel, I love this opportunity to fully live. As my beloved Grandma Joanie said, "Living in Christ changes what it means to be alive....for in Him we live and move and have our being." How gracious and loving our Savior and Heavenly Father are--I love Them!! 
I also love all of you, have a fantastic week!!
Sister Carlson

Pictures!!
1) I FOUND A GIGANTIC PINEAPPLE!! Lol, it´s actually a tree:) 2) There´s grafitti close to our house, and these wings are so cool!! 3) Me with my victory ice cream:)





No comments:

Post a Comment