Thursday, August 9, 2018

July 23, 2018 - 1 year behind me, 6 months ahead of me!!

Good afternoon lovely family of mine!
So today was transfers, when everything changes!! 18 areas were closed and reopened, almost every area had one missionary leaving, and it has been stressful down here in Brazil. But Sister Jobran and I have been fine because the Lord has blessed us with the opporunity to stay together in Jd. Ivete! I am very excited to be able to work with my brazilian sister in bringing souls unto Christ!!
But this week has been great! God is merciful to all of His children, no matter how many times they doubt or question personal revelation. I am one of those children that He has been merciful to! On Friday, I had the opportunity to go to the temple with Ester, a recent convert that is my mission mom in Jd. Ivete! I asked permission for President Miller if we could go and do a session, and he authorized it!! It felt wonderfully reinvigorating to be in the house of the Lord. I had a personal question for the entire week, so I decided to ask in the celestial room. I was able to receive personal revelation from promptings and the scriptures. I left on cloud nine! But the next day, doubts started to eat away at me and I felt like I was drowning in some unneeded stress, so I asked an Elder to give me a blessing. And God gaveme the same exact response that I had received in the temple the day before. With my mind more at ease, I went to Church on Sunday, only to hear the SAME response in Sunday School! Ha! The Lord is so perfect!! I love this experience that God gave me, because I learned several things from it. 1)God will respond wherever you are, you just need to have a broken heart and a contrite spirit 2)When you doubt, you are free to ask again and 3)When you receive revelation, ACT!! God is perfect and is ready to help us when it is necessary, but we have to be willing to do our part, or the blessings will be lost. This transfer we are planning on working harder than ever so we can receive the blessings that are in God´s hands, and that He´s just waiting to pour down on us!! I love this gospel, and am proud to say that I am a member of the restored church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints!!
I love you all, have a blast this week!
Sister Carlson





No comments:

Post a Comment