Tuesday, August 14, 2018

August 13, 2018

Hey everyone!!
This week has gone by in a flash! It´s been so wonderful to work in God´s work! I´ve learned a good bit from zone conferences, the examples of others, and personal revelation!
But as I said, we had our zone conference this week! It was amazing to hear the lessons that God was ready for us to hear, just in the moment we needed it! My favorite lesson was that of Sister Miller, the President´s wife. She still doesn´t speak portuguese, but she has a sister translate for her (it was precious!) The theme that she taught was on virtue, something that it simple and complex at the same time. Virtue mean purity of thought, and when our thoughts are pure, we act in accordance with that cleansliness. This purity of thought also allows us to be better instruments in the hands of the Lord because purity invites the Holy Spirit to live within us, and we can´t teach the restored gospel save it be that the Holy Spirit touches the hearts of the listeners and testifies to them that what we are saying is true. How profound! We also talked about faith and how planning helps the spirit guide and bless our everyday work. I was spiritually fed for sure! 
We also had a very sweet experience on Sunday! We were eating lunch at a recent convert´s house, and when we went to give the message, we went into the living room to talk with him and his aunt, Teresa. I had never met her before, but she was all curled up on her bed and didn´t speak much. I asked if she had ever heard of the Book of Mormon, and when she said she hadn´t, I explained how it came to be, and shared the story of Enos. As my companion and I testified of the gift of repentance and prayer, we could feel a sweet spirit in the room testifying of what we were saying. I´m grateful for this experience and the time I have here in Brazil to testify of the restored gospel wherever I go. How amazing is that? 
But I think that´s it! I hope you all have an awesome week!!



No comments:

Post a Comment