Thursday, August 9, 2018

July 30, 2018

Good afternoon everyone! 
Wow, this week has been full of things to do! Medical appointments, district meetings, proselyting, the works! The Lord really does bless who He calls with energy and resiliance hahaha!
I learned a lot this week, but I think the most fulfilling day spiritually speaking was on Sunday. I received pure doctrine, and it was wonderful!! As it was the last Sunday of the month, all of the adults were together to learn about ministering. Our branch president was our teacher, and I can testify that he received direct revelation for our branch--it is always awe-inspiring to see God´s hand in action! He started by writing a list of active members that were not present (which was by no means small) and then asking everyone who knew why they weren´t there at church. He went on to day that we as members of God´s church--who have accepted coventants which can be found in Mosias 18:9-10--are in a very real sense responsible for the other members that aren´t at church. And ministering is about love now, not just about duty. We can send texts to ask how people are because we care, not because it´s close to the end of the month. And ministering is a very real thing in our branch because lots of people aren´t attending church, so if it stays like this, our branch will close. The branch president pleaded for us to do our ministering to bring lost sheep back to the fold. And then in gospel principles we learned about working hard. So interesting that being productive is a gospel principle! But it´s true! As with our sweat we earn our daily bread, we are able to be humble and remember our God. Something that I shared with the class was something I learned from my mom and my grandma. Whenever I would complain about cleaning the house because I wanted to goof off, they always said "First we work, then we play, then we´re happy for the rest of the day!" I said that as I´ve grown, how I understand this phrase has changed. We truly will be more happy if we put our work first, because if we just spend the day playing, it has no reward. As good as it is to work, we do need a break every once and a while. That´s why we can achieve ultimate happiness when we work, then play. One of our purposes on this earth is to be productive, but also to have joy! Let us be joyful in the work!
I love you all so much!
Sister Carlson

No comments:

Post a Comment