Thursday, August 9, 2018

August 6, 2018

Good afternoon! 
Sorry for writing in so late, it´s been rainy all day and it was hard to leave the warm, comfortable house into the cold, dreary world to walk until the LANhouse hahahahaha:) It´s been rainy this entire week, and I´ve been told that winter has ACTUALLY started now, in August, so now it´ll just keep raining and be a little cold. Beats baking in the sun! 
Anyway, this week has been good! On Sunday, we were able to contact a referral and we met a lovely woman that has been prepared for the gospel. Sister Jobran and I both felt a very special spirit when we were talking to her, and we left a Book of Mormon with her that she said she would read with "much love and care"--how precious! We weren´t able to mark a return appointment because she´ll be going into surgery on Tuesday, but we´ll definitely be calling and making sure that she´s alright! 
But I think the most special experience was on Friday, when we were eating lunch with a member. She has two children, Kayque and Yasmin. Yasmin is an 8 year old full of energy, and Kayque is 19 with severe disabilities. Sister Jobran loves Kayque and has told me a lot about him, but Friday was the day that I got to meet him. The spirit was very strong in the room, and I could feel the love the God had for this teenager that was unable to do anything for himself. It was very special to stand beside him and talk to him for a while. I´m grateful that God loves every single one of His children, it´s not important how capable we are or how often we fall, He still loves us. What a blessing!
I think that´s about it! Sorry I didn´t take pictures last week, I´ll make sure this week I take a bunch to send next Monday!! I love you all, have a great week!
Sister Carlson

No comments:

Post a Comment