Friday, August 31, 2018

August 20, 2018

Hello my beautiful family! 
What a week!! This week has been full of learning experiences, and I feel like I have grown a lot! I´ve learned to manage stress better and how to truly rely on the Lord. 
The weekend was full of blessings! On Friday, we had divisions, and I was with Sister Silva! She is so cute, and her testimony is so strong! She only has four months on the mission, but she has been called to be a sister leader. She said she didn´t feel prepared, but President Miller told her that "God didn´t call you to teach, He called you to learn". How profound, I love that! We truly learn so much in leadership positions, and it´s important to have the humility to learn what God needs us to learn! We were blessed with 5 new investigators, and we are so excited to start working with them! 
On Saturday, we had 2 activities in our chapel, and we got to be there! So Mogi Centro had their activity in the morning, and we went because there were some potential investigators there to play soccer. We 4 sisters were able to teach the restoration when they weren´t playing soccer, and I felt so full sharing my testimony with these young men. At night, we had our activity about  missionary work! It was a real blessing to prepare all of the activities, lessons, and videos to enlighten and teach the people that were present. 
Basically, this week I learned what it means to have a testimony of Jesus Christ. It means loving Him so deeply that you can´t help but testify of Him and His holy mission. It means preaching with confidence, because this gospel is true. It means studying more about the life of Christ so you can understand and love Him more. It means sacrificing things of the world to gain the things of heaven. I am so grateful to be a missionary, to be here in Brazil and to preach to this people. I love life because of Him--He made it possible to live free of sin. How grateful I am for His infinite sacrifice that He suffered for me, for my family, for my ancestors, for my future children, for people that I don´t even know. But He know them. He loves them. He guides them. May we all do as Christ does and lift those that are downtrodden!! In His holy name, amen.
I love you all!!
Sister Carlson

No comments:

Post a Comment