Monday, November 26, 2018

November 19, 2018

Good afternoon family of mine!
I have exactly one month until I come home--how scary is that? Hahaha just kidding, I´m excited that I have one more month to work as hard as I can to bring souls unto Christ! What a blessing it is to serve here in Brazil!
This week has been studious--my personal study has been amazing! I had a spiritual journey on Saturday, I was able to read Alma 4-9, including Alma 5! What a marvelous chapter to study! It´s so interesting how every time I read this chapter, something esle impacts me. I´d like to write down verses 33-34, the part that touched me the most. I only have portuguese, so you´ll have to translate:)
33. Eis que ele envia um convite a todos os homens, pois os braços de misericórdia lhes estão estendidos e ele diz: Arrependei-vos e receber-vos-ei.
34. Sim, diz ele, vinde a mim, e participareis do fruto da árvore da vida; sim, comereis e bebereis livremente do pão e da água da vida
I think this part is so beautiful because the Lord is sending us a personal invitation: to repent and come unto Him. It´s so simple! We must be humble of heart to continually accept this invitation, sometimes it´s hard to push pride out of the way to taste of the bread and water of life. But when we succeed, it is so sweet! I´m grateful that God loves us so much that He gave His Only Begotten, and that They love us infinitely. They invite us to come knowing that we can´t be perfect, knowing that we´ll sin. But They still want us by their sides! How wonderful it is to know that I can trust in this perfect God, who loves me so dearly! It´s the least I can do to serve for a year and a half to show others this love, to bring others unto Christ. I am so grateful for the time I´ve had on the mission, and how I still have one more month to preach the gospel! One more month to learn who I want to be when I get home. One more month to be who God wants me to be. What a marvelous opportunity. 
I love this gospel. I love my Savior, and the sacrifice He suffered so I can one day sit by His side. I love this life that I have to everyday choose to be better. I´d like to leave this testimony with you, my beloved family, in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
Sister Carlson

No comments:

Post a Comment