Monday, January 8, 2018

January 8, 2018

Hello beautiful family!

This week has been so so refreshing! A new area really has set a great start to a new year! New year, new companion, just new! My companion's name is Sister Guerra, she's from Bahia and her trainer trained Sister Moura, my trainer! So in mission terms, Sister Guerra is my aunt haha! She's a riot, so ready to laugh and just be friends! Also SURPRISE we're living with another companionship, Sister Borges and Sister Malan! It feels so good to be living with three sisters again! It's always so much fun to joke around before bedtime, and to just have more friends and more noise in the house! We actually live in a house now--more cleaning to do, but it's worth it! I'm really excited to see where the rest of this transfer leads!

Something that I've learned this week is the importance of prayer for everything. My portuguese isn't perfect, but I've been bouyed up by people saying that my portuguese is way better than most

Americans that have less than six months on the mission. Because of this little prick of pride, I've stopped praying for the gift of tongues because I felt that my skill was enough. WRONG!! In Jardim Romano I've been getting introduced to new members, investigators, recent converts, everyone! But something that I thought was strange is that I've been having a real hard time understanding what other people are saying--I can speak just fine (usually), but to understand what another person was saying, especially my companion, it's been a little rough. But what a wonderful reminder for me to have humility! I was silly in forgetting that the only reason I can communicate is because of the divine power of God, and the fact that I've received a call to serve in Brazil where I need to speak portuguese to help others come unto Christ! When I don't pray for help and guidance, He can't help me! That's why in 2 Nephi 32:9, it talks about how we need to pray and consecrate our every performance, because we can truly receive divine guidance when we ask! But this is my small testimony about prayer in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Loving you all!
Sister Carlson

No comments:

Post a Comment