Monday, January 15, 2018

January 15, 2018 - First week in Jardim Romano!!

Hello on this very hot (for me) afternoon!!

At this point, I think I've forgotten what it feels like to be cold haha! I'll be getting a frigid reminder when I get home in a year :)

Sorry I'm a little trunky, I think it's because I now have a wall calendar with all the birthdays marked oops But it's so wonderful that we're living in four right now, I've been able to become really good friends with Sister Malan and Sister Borges (these are the other sisters that live with us, I was already friends with my companion) It's so fun, Sister Borges speaks english too, so Sister Malan and I have been able to help her practice! We're working on Sister Guerra haha :P

So we've had a miracle in our area! We've been trying to find a recent convert that's gone inactive, and after two weeks of searching, we finally found her! She's ready to come back to church, and she's bringing her boyfriend with her! So wonderful! They're living together, so the boyfriend can't get baptized until they've seperated or gotten married. And guess who's getting married on the ninth of Feburary? We now have the opportunity to teach and baptize him, and I'll be able to participate in my first wedding on the field!! It's really cool how miracles come after you've put done the work. We've been needed to find new investigators, so we've been knocking on doors a lot, and really making sure we follow up with the investigators we do have. We've had some sucess, but we were overjoyed that with a new investigator, we can reactivate a recent convert and help them prepare to make covenants in the temple!

That's all I have time for! I love you all com todo de meu coração!!
Sister Carlson

P.S.(and sister malan is the greatest)--Sister Malan came over and stole my keyboard for a hot second ;)
P.P.S. I'll send pics next week, we were running from place to place and I forgot my camera

No comments:

Post a Comment