Monday, November 13, 2017

November 13, 2017

Good afternoon everyone!!

Sorry, I'm emailing so late, we had such a fun p-day today! Sister Moura wanted to buy some clothes for cheap, so we went to Centro! It's a lot like New York City, but more hills, street vendors, and not a lot of cars. It was really fun to explore with my companion, another companionship, and our recent convert friend Luan!

Two exciting things before I talk about miracles! First, I finally received my new plaques! It's Just Sister Carlson now, but I'll always remember my Rollins side;) Second, I think I ate bull's liver yesterday!! Really garlic-y:)

An amazing miracle happened this week on Wednesday. We had lunch with an inactive sister, and it didn't start off too well. It was my turn to share the lesson, and I felt unprepared. As I opened my scriptures to a scripture I thought I should share, another scripture stood out and I knew I had to share it. (I think it's 2 Nephi 4:15) It's about how we can be eternally in the arms of the love of our Savior. The spirit was overwhelming, and the first thing she said after we both shared our thoughts was "Wow that was powerful." We were only able to do this through the power of the spirit. He knew what she needed to hear, and I was able to know through Him. It's so important to rely on Him when we teach but to also prepare beforehand. I had studied this scripture the morning before but had forgotten it in the midst of daily activity. Through the power of the Spirit, I was able to remember what I had studied and share it with this less active sister. It was such a blessing to see the spirit touch her heart!

It's really been an awesome experience to focus on less actives, and I know that everyone needs this gospel, whether they've listened to it beforehand or not.

Sorry, this is so short, but I love you all so much!!!
Sister Carlson

P.S. I think my Portuguese is getting better! I know that this is a gift from God because as my Portuguese skills increase, the members can have more confidence in me! It's so nice to have gained some of their confidence, I now really feel that I have friends here! Que bênção!
P.P.S. Transfers are next week! I'll probably stay here, but I'll let you know next week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment