Tuesday, October 17, 2017

October 17, 2017

Good morning everyone!

This week has been so so hot, it's been crazy! Inferno during the day, terrential downpour in the afternoon! On Tuesday we were caught in the middle of the storm! We were at the bottom of a hill too, so all of the water was coming in our direction! We tried running uphill, but the water was up to our ankles and we almost fell over. We were both laughing so hard, it was really fun! Also, I drank my first coconut! I don't have a picture, but the coconut was green and not as sweet as you'd think. It was really yummy!

We were able to meet our new district this week, and a new American is here! I'm not the baby anymore! Her name is Sister Bonham and shes really nice. I like our new district they're really fun!

So yesterday was daylight savings time. Who didn't know? My companion and I. We thought we got to church 15 minutes early when in reality we were 45 minutes late! Ah I was devestated, especially because we missed the confirmation of Filipe, the nine year old that got baptized last week! Sister Moura and I were honestly close to tears!

Besides that, Sunday was a day of miracles. We had many people to visit, and they all lived pretty far apart, so we needed to use the bus to get to each house. For the bus system here, you can pay 3,80 reais for one bus using your bus card, then you don't have to pay for another bus for three hours. For the first bus ride, we both had just enough money for one trip--bussed up to Irmã Marcia's house for lunch, and went next door to teach José about the Holy Ghost. These two appointments took more than three hours, but we needed to bus down to Taiane's house for our next appointment. We tried our cards without much hope of them working, but it said that the three hours was still valid! We were pretty excited, how amazing! After Taiane, we needed to go to our final appointment, very far away. We tried our cards one more time, and they worked! We were both close to tears, our cards worked not for 3 hours, but for 6. This was such a tender mercy for us and really demonstrated that the Lord is watching out for us, and that He cares about everything in our lives, even if it's just a little bus card.

Another lesson I learned was that constant humility is key to finding new investigators. We had a weekly goal of 20 contacts for our district, and we needed to find six people on Sunday. I had little hope, but Sister Moura was firm. On our way to the bus stop, we found two people, and I thought that that was good enough. But we walked for about thirty seconds after and we saw four boys walking in our direction. The first thing I felt was defeat because I knew that Sister Moura was going to talk to them--silly right? We were able to get their information, and we gained six new contacts in ten minutes. It was honestly a miracle, and I learned that when the Lord puts people in your path, you need to take that path swiftly, with courage and faith! When we proselyte, I always have a fear of talking to young people, but Sister Moura loves it. She is such a good example of talking to everyone, because everyone needs this gospel in their lives.   

Anyway, I think that's all I have time for! I love you all so so much!
Sister Carlson


No comments:

Post a Comment