Friday, August 25, 2017

Last letter from the CTM

Hello to all!

Thank you for your emails, they always warm my heart! Indigo, I'll be praying for your back, and Ivy, I'm so glad you love your room! Also, Connections will be over before your know it! AND YOU'RE BOTH IN INSTITUTE CHOIR I SCREAMED! It is honestly the BEST class on campus and I can't tell you how happy I am that you both are enrolled!

I don't have too much time, so I'll be fast. This last week has been pretty great! To start, I was called to speak in sacrament meeting with no warning! It's something that they do in the CTM, but I thought I would be called this Sunday! I shared 32:28 which is about letting the word of Christ grow in you like a mustard seed, and it will begin to be delicious to you! I bore testimony about how much I love the scriptures and how my time at the CTM has really increased my love for them! I'm glad I was able to have that practice right before I go out to the field!

This week has been a little hard, but that's great! Since Wednesday, we've had some special in field training to prepare us for the field, and I realized how unprepared I am! When the teachers were speaking in rapid Portuguese without breaking to ask if we understood, I felt a sense of major discouragement. But all is well! At night when I was in my room, I remembered that Heavenly Father called me to São Paulo East for a reason. He always qualifies who he calls. It's going to be really difficult right when I get out to the field, but that means I have a wonderful opportunity to really strengthen my faith and love for Jesus Christ and by trying my hardest, I can show Him that I am ready to be a dedicated servant of the Lord! What a blessing it is to be able to serve the Lord with all my heart for 18 months!

I think one of the hardest things will be getting a new companion, I have grown to love Sister Kearsley so much! We've gotten really close this week, and I hope at some point on our missions we'll be companions again! (She's been called to São Paulo East too!) Before, I told her that she was like a sister to me, and her response was "I think so too! I'm glad because these six weeks would be hard if we we're like sisters." I almost died, I not only love her spirit, but her sense of humor! She's really good at understanding the language, so I know she'll be fantastic!

Today was temple day! The Campinas temple is always beautiful, but today it wasn't raining! Totally different experience! The sun is bright today, and we got some cute pictures with the girls in our district. I also realized how much I love the temple today. It is a place I always want to be worthy of entering. And fun fact, the CTM mission president, Presidente Grahl, not only helped translate the Bible into Portuguese, but he has a part in the Portuguese endownment! And his daughter Larissa goes to BYU AND knows four languages! Sister Grahl is the sweetest person, she's so ready to give Mom hugs (which I really miss) and can speak some english, which has a blessing when we first got here. So pretty much I'm distraught that I have to leave such wonderful people, but I know that I'll love my new president just as much!

I think that's all I have time for! I won't be able to email until next Monday, but please still email me, I love to read what's going on! Thank you also for all your prayers!

Eu te amo!

No comments:

Post a Comment